New study on HT and breast cancer
Chak
2013-03-15 03:42:35 UTC
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-03/bmj-nce031313.php

It says that since HT use decreased, breast cancer rates have decreased,
but they can't say for sure if they're related.

Right - seems legit.

Chak
--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Keera Ann Fox
2013-03-15 21:02:14 UTC
Post by Chak
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-03/bmj-nce031313.php
It says that since HT use decreased, breast cancer rates have decreased,
but they can't say for sure if they're related.
Right - seems legit.
Chak
Is this another case of women who are health-conscious in one area, are the same in another? I.e. these women know of the risks of using HRT and therefore avoid using it, so might they not also be paying attention to how to lower their risk of breast cancer?
--
Keera in Norway
http://kafox.blogspot.com/
Susan
2013-03-15 21:27:48 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Keera Ann Fox
Is this another case of women who are health-conscious in one area, are the same in another? I.e. these women know of the risks of
using HRT and therefore avoid using it, so might they not also be paying attention to how to lower their risk of breast cancer?
Once again, it's critical to distinguish between the global endocrine
disruption caused by oral, but not transdermal HRT/HT.

Susan
Keera Ann Fox
2013-03-16 07:48:47 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Keera Ann Fox
Is this another case of women who are health-conscious in one area, are the same in another? I.e. these women know of the risks of
using HRT and therefore avoid using it, so might they not also be paying attention to how to lower their risk of breast cancer?
Once again, it's critical to distinguish between the global endocrine
disruption caused by oral, but not transdermal HRT/HT.
Susan
The excerpt doesn't say.
--
Keera in Norway