IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS!!!
Chak
2014-04-16 17:39:01 UTC
Hi, all,

The medical news site I frequent has an astonishing breakthrough posted:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-04/uom-pah041114.php

"Prolonged and heavy bleeding during menopause is common"

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

Seriously, how much did they spend figuring this out? If they're
finally going to do research on health issues and include women, why not
investigate something that actually needs answering? Sheesh.

How is everybody?

Chak
--
I learned long ago that the only safe way to play the "what if" game
is to do it forward, never backwards.
--Joy Gaylord, posted to alt.fiftyplus
Jette Goldie
2014-04-16 18:33:27 UTC
Post by Chak
Hi, all,
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-04/uom-pah041114.php
"Prolonged and heavy bleeding during menopause is common"
I think even the rather clueless young GP I once met was aware of that -
though she seemed to think it would only last for a few weeks.
Post by Chak
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!
Seriously, how much did they spend figuring this out? If they're
finally going to do research on health issues and include women, why not
investigate something that actually needs answering? Sheesh.
How is everybody?
No longer suffering from prolonged and heavy bleeding :-)

Still waiting for the energy surge we're supposed to get.
--
Jette Goldie
***@btinternet.com

Living in the Future!
Susan
2014-04-17 16:40:06 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

I'm at the tail end of 6.5 weeks of home remodeling and hordes of trades
marching inside, outside, up and downstairs beginning about 7 a.m. 6
days a week. Stressful, but worth it, some of it was necessary, some if
it is all about looks and comfort.

I'm still symptom free on about a 1/10 of the replacement dose of
transdermal estradiol, still test in menopausal range with it. I don't
tolerate more without breast discomfort, oddly enough. Also,
maintaining low normal blood glucose, bp, end of neuropathies and
dyslipidemia with continued improvements over 16 years of increasingly
low carb diet. My kidney function is above average, improved steadily
over all these years from the decade of advanced damage I had before
switching to low carb.

So, no ,meno related issues, nor diabetic ones for me! No more ovarian
cysts ever in 16 years. :-) This despite both iatrogenic Cushing's
syndrome undiagnosed for decades and an apparent hormone secreting
pituitary adenoma that cycles. I go from episodes of very elevated
cortisol to frequent bouts of adrenal insufficiency symptoms, which
explains why peri was so extremely bad for me, I guess. That and the
bone infection festering in my face from the age of 12 or 13 to this
year, destroying my sinus floor and jaw bone. It was the result of a
botched silver point root canal when I was young removed but not cleaned
up in 2009 after discovery. Never showed on a million imaging studies,
nor the granuloma tumor the necrotic bone, the bone loss and heavy black
tarnish in my sinus and face.

A wonderful endodontist chose to save my life instead of insisting C-Ts
don't miss anything. He's my hero.

I hate doctors, did I mention that? Iatrogenic injuries life long and
no one willing to believe it, much less accountable for it. They suck.
Some suck less, some I love, but mostly they suck as a profession. It's
supposed to be health CARE, not health INDIUSTRY.

Stepping off soap box.

How are YOU, Chak?

Susan