Where are the flashes now?
Chak
2013-12-02 02:04:03 UTC
Now that the weather has turned colder, and the thermostat is set at 50, I
could really use the occasional flash. So do I get any? Nope.

I can't complain too much, though, because I also am not getting any at
night, which is a nice change of pace.

Chak
--
I learned long ago that the only safe way to play the "what if" game
is to do it forward, never backwards.
--Joy Gaylord, posted to alt.fiftyplus
Susan
2013-12-05 22:35:59 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Chak
Now that the weather has turned colder, and the thermostat is set at 50, I
could really use the occasional flash. So do I get any? Nope.
I can't complain too much, though, because I also am not getting any at
night, which is a nice change of pace.
Kind of a good news, bad news scenario, seasonally speaking? ;-)

Susan
Chak
2013-12-09 05:24:39 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Chak
Now that the weather has turned colder, and the thermostat is set at
50, I could really use the occasional flash. So do I get any? Nope.
I can't complain too much, though, because I also am not getting any
at night, which is a nice change of pace.
Kind of a good news, bad news scenario, seasonally speaking? ;-)
Susan
Actually since I wrote that, things have changed. Again. Now I *do*
get the night sweats. So it's bad news, 'eh, who cares?' news.

Chak
Susan
2013-12-09 14:46:35 UTC
x-no-arhive: yes
Post by Chak
Actually since I wrote that, things have changed. Again. Now I *do*
get the night sweats. So it's bad news, 'eh, who cares?' news.
Chak
Cold temp and night sweats: Bad Combination! :-(

Susan
Karen Reznek
2013-12-10 03:08:11 UTC
Post by Susan
Cold temp and night sweats: Bad Combination! :-(
Actually, I love it when the nights are really cold. We always leave the
window open at night -- at least a crack -- and turn the heat off. When
the night sweats hit I just toss off the covers and cool down quickly.

I try to sleep with the comforter ending right at the edge of the bed.
That keeps me warm enough, and the airflow coming in from that side
seems to minimize the night sweats. The only issue is that, if the
comforter is that far over, DH tends to pull it even further over in his
sleep. While that is great if I am mid-night sweat, it isn't so
wonderful when I am comfortable.

Black Cohosh is still keeping down the number of night sweats, but not
eliminating them.

Karen R.
Susan
2013-12-10 15:40:50 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Karen Reznek
Actually, I love it when the nights are really cold.
Me, too. But not in combination with night sweats.

Susan
Chak
2013-12-11 00:10:45 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-arhive: yes
Post by Chak
Actually since I wrote that, things have changed. Again. Now I *do*
get the night sweats. So it's bad news, 'eh, who cares?' news.
Chak
Cold temp and night sweats: Bad Combination! :-(
Susan
Actually, if I time it right, it's not too bad. I get up and go to the
bathroom, and if I don't spend too long in there, by the time I get back
to bed, I've chilled just enough to go back to sleep.

Then again, other times I am still too warm, so I lay down without the
covers, where I fall asleep and wake up an hour later frozen to the
bone.

Ah, well, we all know getting older isn't for sissies, right?

How are you doing, Susan?

Chak
Susan
2013-12-11 17:03:35 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Chak
Ah, well, we all know getting older isn't for sissies, right?
How are you doing, Susan?
I'm hanging in, thanks.

No flashes unless my cortisol rises and overcomes my estrogen. I get
complete relief of my symptoms with about 1/10th the replacement dose of
estradiol gel.

Susan