I'm getting f**king tired of these flashes
Chak
2013-08-31 03:02:39 UTC
One of my triggers is being too warm, so of course we're having the hottest
August I can remember.

And yeah, I've got all the coping mechanisms in place. I'm just really
tired of it this go-round.

Chak
--
I learned long ago that the only safe way to play the "what if" game
is to do it forward, never backwards.
--Joy Gaylord, posted to alt.fiftyplus
Jette Goldie
2013-08-31 08:17:51 UTC
Post by Chak
One of my triggers is being too warm, so of course we're having the hottest
August I can remember.
And yeah, I've got all the coping mechanisms in place. I'm just really
tired of it this go-round.
Chak
One of my triggers is getting chilled (or at least that was a trigger
last time the weather in Scotland cooled down enough to be chilly <g>) -
I'd come in from outside, frozen to the bone, into normal room
temperature, but as soon as I started to warm up, instead of reaching
'normal' and stopping, I'd keep getting warmer and warmer till I felt I
was in a sauna!
--
Jette Goldie
***@btinternet.com

Living in the Future!
Chak
2013-09-01 01:58:38 UTC
Post by Jette Goldie
One of my triggers is getting chilled (or at least that was a trigger
last time the weather in Scotland cooled down enough to be chilly <g>) -
I'd come in from outside, frozen to the bone, into normal room
temperature, but as soon as I started to warm up, instead of reaching
'normal' and stopping, I'd keep getting warmer and warmer till I felt I
was in a sauna!
Felt good for a minute, though, didn't it? ;-)

Chak
Karen R.
2013-08-31 13:42:38 UTC
Post by Chak
One of my triggers is being too warm, so of course we're having the hottest
August I can remember.
My sympathies. I've found that black cohosh helps a lot with my night
sweats, but I have also started to have some daytime flashes. Cooler
weather can't get here fast enough for me.
Post by Chak
And yeah, I've got all the coping mechanisms in place. I'm just really
tired of it this go-round.
It does get old fast.

How are you doing otherwise?

Karen R.
Chak
2013-09-01 02:00:49 UTC
Post by Karen R.
Post by Chak
One of my triggers is being too warm, so of course we're having the
hottest August I can remember.
My sympathies. I've found that black cohosh helps a lot with my night
sweats, but I have also started to have some daytime flashes. Cooler
weather can't get here fast enough for me.
I don't seem to be having any night sweats, although if I don't keep my
feet out from whatever covers I have on, I'll have a flash for sure.
Post by Karen R.
Post by Chak
And yeah, I've got all the coping mechanisms in place. I'm just
really tired of it this go-round.
It does get old fast.
How are you doing otherwise?
Pretty tired lately. I'm having some trouble with waking up too early
and not getting back to sleep. I hate the thought, but pretty soon I
might be going to bed at 7, like my dad used to do.

How are you? And your daughters?

Chak
Karen R.
2013-09-01 14:33:31 UTC
Post by Chak
Post by Karen R.
How are you doing otherwise?
Pretty tired lately. I'm having some trouble with waking up too early
and not getting back to sleep. I hate the thought, but pretty soon I
might be going to bed at 7, like my dad used to do.
I would love to be able to go to bed earlier. But DH stays up later and
later, especially now that he is retired and can sleep in and take naps.
I'd rather not go that route, but I begin to understand why so may older
couples end up in separate bedrooms. 7:00 would be a bit early, but
10:00 would be nice.

Our newest cat is also an early riser, and tends to panic if I sleep
past 6:00. His previous owner was a client of my younger daughter (rehab
counselor), who died. Lucky-cat was found desperately trying to wake her
up.
Post by Chak
How are you? And your daughters?
Responding privately, but everyone is doing well.

Karen
Chak
2013-09-02 05:03:46 UTC
Post by Karen R.
I would love to be able to go to bed earlier. But DH stays up later
and later, especially now that he is retired and can sleep in and take
naps. I'd rather not go that route, but I begin to understand why so
may older couples end up in separate bedrooms. 7:00 would be a bit
early, but 10:00 would be nice.
Last night when I found myself awake at 4, I took another melatonin and
slept just fine the rest of the night. Yay!
Post by Karen R.
Our newest cat is also an early riser, and tends to panic if I sleep
past 6:00. His previous owner was a client of my younger daughter
(rehab counselor), who died. Lucky-cat was found desperately trying to
wake her up.
Aww, poor baby. Is 'Lucky' the cat's name?

Chak
Karen R.
2013-09-02 13:57:12 UTC
Post by Chak
Last night when I found myself awake at 4, I took another melatonin and
slept just fine the rest of the night. Yay!
Yay!
Post by Chak
Post by Karen R.
Our newest cat is also an early riser, and tends to panic if I sleep
past 6:00. His previous owner was a client of my younger daughter
(rehab counselor), who died. Lucky-cat was found desperately trying to
wake her up.
Aww, poor baby. Is 'Lucky' the cat's name?
He was named Lovey, but we already have a Lovey-cat. I wanted to go for
Lovey The First, and Lovey the Second, but was overruled... :-) Lucky
was close to Lovey, so it was less confusing for him, though during the
first few weeks with us, he perked up when we called Lovey. He is a
sweetheart, and loves to snuggle up between DH and I when we are
watching TV.

Karen

Susan
2013-09-02 00:52:14 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Chak
One of my triggers is being too warm, so of course we're having the hottest
August I can remember.
And yeah, I've got all the coping mechanisms in place. I'm just really
tired of it this go-round.
I use a tiny dab of estradiol gel daily; not enough to get me out of
post meno blood levels, but enough so I don't have constant insomnia and
full time flashes.

Only time I ever feel a little break through flashing is when my
cortisol spikes up in a high cycle, which, btw, also makes me very warm.

Susan
Chak
2013-09-02 05:04:53 UTC
Post by Susan
I use a tiny dab of estradiol gel daily; not enough to get me out of
post meno blood levels, but enough so I don't have constant insomnia and
full time flashes.
I cycle through the flashes, and any day now I'll just stop having them for
six months or so, so I guess I can't really complain too much.

Oh, wait, yes I can.

Chak