Finally an answer!!
Aneebear
2013-01-16 00:54:15 UTC
Ok, it's been years, several D&C's and alot of worry, but finally a new doctor
solved my problem of spotting after menopause. Yes, he did!!

I have been spotting for the last 10 years, and I have had 3 doctors do a D&C on
me only to find nothing. This last doctor listened when I told him that FSH
level
was 17 (should be 40 and up) and prescribed me Provera. Spotting stopped and has
not returned in 7 months!! The crazy part is that one of the other doctors told
my
FSH level and it never occurred to her that there might be something wrong???

Just thought I would pass this along in case someone else out there is having
the
same problem. This might be the answer, have your FSH levels checked.
Susan
2013-01-16 01:02:35 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Aneebear
Ok, it's been years, several D&C's and alot of worry, but finally a new doctor
solved my problem of spotting after menopause. Yes, he did!!
I have been spotting for the last 10 years, and I have had 3 doctors do a D&C on
me only to find nothing. This last doctor listened when I told him that FSH
level
was 17 (should be 40 and up) and prescribed me Provera. Spotting stopped and has
not returned in 7 months!! The crazy part is that one of the other doctors told
my
FSH level and it never occurred to her that there might be something wrong???
Just thought I would pass this along in case someone else out there is having
the
same problem. This might be the answer, have your FSH levels checked.
Congrats, Anee!

In other words, "it's the pituitary, STUPID!" ;-)

Susan
Chak
2013-01-18 05:38:23 UTC
Post by Aneebear
Ok, it's been years, several D&C's and alot of worry, but finally a
new doctor solved my problem of spotting after menopause. Yes, he
did!!
I have been spotting for the last 10 years, and I have had 3 doctors
do a D&C on me only to find nothing. This last doctor listened when I
told him that FSH level
was 17 (should be 40 and up) and prescribed me Provera. Spotting
stopped and has not returned in 7 months!! The crazy part is that one
of the other doctors told my
FSH level and it never occurred to her that there might be something wrong???
Just thought I would pass this along in case someone else out there is
having the
same problem. This might be the answer, have your FSH levels checked.
I haven't a clue about all that stuff, but I'm really happy for you,
Dana.

Congratulations!

Chak
--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.