Science echoes asm - again
Chakolate
2012-03-15 14:28:28 UTC
Guess what? Menofog is real:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-03/uorm-fo031412.php

"'Brain fog' of menopause confirmed"

I don't know why they spend money on these things - we'd have told them for
free. ;-)

Chak
Peahen
2012-03-15 17:15:06 UTC
"Chakolate" wrote in message news:***@88.198.244.100...

Guess what? Menofog is real:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-03/uorm-fo031412.php

"'Brain fog' of menopause confirmed"

I don't know why they spend money on these things - we'd have told them for
free. ;-)

Chak

Yeah, unfortunately this would give some conservatives some ammo against
women.

I'm definitely off.
Chakolate
2012-04-18 16:00:38 UTC
Post by Chakolate
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-03/uorm-fo031412.php
"'Brain fog' of menopause confirmed"
I don't know why they spend money on these things - we'd have told
them for free. ;-)
Chak
--------- Yeah, unfortunately this would give some conservatives some
ammo against women.
I'm definitely off.
Those same 'some conservatives' will never believe we're their equals, we
might as well just give up on them.

Chak
Mike Burke
2012-04-19 11:34:46 UTC
Post by Chakolate
Those same 'some conservatives' will
never believe we're their equals, we
might as well just give up on them.
If it was possible, they would turn the clock back to the 1950's when
Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, gays, the disabled, and women had no rights,
and no protection under the laws. Those were the bad old days, when only
able-bodied White men were able to get ahead by living in America.

Mike Burke
Keera
2012-03-15 18:09:45 UTC
Post by Chakolate
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-03/uorm-fo031412.php
"'Brain fog' of menopause confirmed"
I don't know why they spend money on these things - we'd have told them for
free.  ;-)
OTOH, it's nice to get it confirmed from independent researchers who
aren't struggling to ... wait, what were we talking about? ;-)

--
Keera in Norway
http://kafox.blogspot.com/
Julie Bove
2012-03-16 02:24:34 UTC
Post by Chakolate
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-03/uorm-fo031412.php
"'Brain fog' of menopause confirmed"
I don't know why they spend money on these things - we'd have told them for
free. ;-)
Chak
Well that explains it then. Yesterday was a bad day for me. I forgot the
grocery list. Then I forgot to bring in the bag of food for the food bank.
So I went back to the store today to take the food in and buy a couple of
things. Got home and saw the bag of food I was to donate, still in the van.
I guess I should wait. I might find more. Daughter has outgrown her wheat
allergy and I told her we have to go through her food tonight. I wouldn't
wish most gluten free food on people who don't have to eat it but... She
might actually have some normal food in there. For instance there are some
crackers made only of cheese.
Chakolate
2012-04-18 15:59:20 UTC
Post by Julie Bove
Post by Chakolate
[...]
Every time I have a day like that, I start worrying about AD - my mother
has it. Then I remember that I've *always* had days like that. When I
was 15 or so, I absent-mindedly carried the toaster up to my bedroom.

Don't ask.

Chak
Keera
2012-04-23 16:58:21 UTC
Post by Chakolate
Post by Chakolate
[...]
You all might like to check out "Counter Clockwise", a study and book
by Ellen Langer. First chapter can be read here:
http://www.ellenlanger.com/information/9/read-chapter-one-of-counterclockwise
Interview with Langer here:

I loved what she had to say, and you can sum up her observations as:
Aging (and many other things) is cultural, not physical. For example,
nobody thinks you're getting Alzheimer's if you forget stuff in your
20's, but they assume that if you forget stuff in your 60's.

PS: A study showed that squirrels can't remember where they bury their
nuts, but since they discover the forgotten stashes of other
squirrels, all's good.

--
Keera in Norway
http://kafox.blogspot.com/
Mike Burke
2012-04-24 01:07:34 UTC
Post by Keera
Aging (and many other things) is
cultural, not physical.
Only 30% of aging is genetic. The other 70% is lifestyle. However, even
with that being said, "old" is more of a state of mind, than a date of
birth. As such, anyone who gets most (if not all) of their news today
from newspapers and / or news-radio is old. Anyone who gets most (if not
all) of their news today from TV and / or the Internet is young.

--
Mike Burke