Chilling.
Julie Bove
2013-01-03 11:35:48 UTC
So... AFAIK I have never had a hot flash. But what I am having is a lot of
chilling. So much so that I actually bought sweat pants, jackets and boots
and I have worn my winter coats a few times. This is not like me at all.
Normally I walk around with short sleeves or maybe 3/4 sleeves in the
winter. Once in a while long sleeves if it is below freezing. Because have
always been one of those people who overheats easily. But not now! I've
been visiting my dad who was in a rehab place and now an adult family home.
Both places are very much overheated according to everyone I have spoken to.
And yet I sit there freezing and shaking. I even bought myself a shawl!
And I keep a big blanket by my computer chair. So...

Anyone else have this symptom? Or am I just one of the unlucky ones?
Chak
2013-01-04 05:21:48 UTC
Post by Julie Bove
So... AFAIK I have never had a hot flash. But what I am having is a
lot of chilling. So much so that I actually bought sweat pants,
jackets and boots and I have worn my winter coats a few times. This
is not like me at all. Normally I walk around with short sleeves or
maybe 3/4 sleeves in the winter. Once in a while long sleeves if it
is below freezing. Because have always been one of those people who
overheats easily. But not now! I've been visiting my dad who was in
a rehab place and now an adult family home. Both places are very much
overheated according to everyone I have spoken to. And yet I sit there
freezing and shaking. I even bought myself a shawl! And I keep a big
blanket by my computer chair. So...
Anyone else have this symptom? Or am I just one of the unlucky ones?
I've had cold flashes - like hot flashes, they last 10-15 minutes.
Unlike hot flashes, I can't get rid of them, so they just go on until
they're done with me.

Yours doesn't sound like what I get, though - mine are minutes of
intense, shivering, shuddering, bone-chilling cold.

Still, it's all temperature regulation, isn't it? When it goes a little
wonky, it goes a lot wonky, apparently.

Chak
--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Julie Bove
2013-01-04 05:46:28 UTC
Post by Chak
Post by Julie Bove
[...]
Oh I get that but also I am just cold all the time.
Post by Chak
Still, it's all temperature regulation, isn't it? When it goes a little
wonky, it goes a lot wonky, apparently.
I guess so.