Dr. says it's probably my age.
Julie Bove
2012-01-16 02:29:05 UTC
The super long periods that is. That's what I thought but we'll see. Not
anemic but my level was at the low end of normal. Same with my vitamin D
level which was odd because I thought I was taking a lot! I took a couple
of iron pills and feel much better. And I upped the D. I need to look for
some iron pills that have a lot less iron in them. I just bought some cheap
ones and they have waaay too much IMO. My multi has it in there but I'm
about to run out and the Kirkland kind I got for people over 50 has no iron
at all. I think I need a little.
Jette Goldie
2012-01-16 07:44:59 UTC
Post by Julie Bove
The super long periods that is. That's what I thought but we'll see. Not
anemic but my level was at the low end of normal. Same with my vitamin D
level which was odd because I thought I was taking a lot! I took a couple
of iron pills and feel much better. And I upped the D. I need to look for
some iron pills that have a lot less iron in them. I just bought some cheap
ones and they have waaay too much IMO. My multi has it in there but I'm
about to run out and the Kirkland kind I got for people over 50 has no iron
at all. I think I need a little.
One time the GP suggested iron pills for me - a "one a day" type. The
pharmacist suggested I should instead choose a cheaper "three times a
day" type. She said the "one a day" had a higher dosage of iron, but
that our bodies tend to reject a lot of that it will pass through the
digestive system, whereas the three lower dose pills will all get
absorbed, meaning that all the iron will get into your system.
--
Jette Goldie ***@gmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfette/ http://wolfette.livejournal.com/
("reply to" is spamblocked - use the email addy in sig)
Susan
2012-01-16 16:53:34 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
One time the GP suggested iron pills for me - a "one a day" type. The
pharmacist suggested I should instead choose a cheaper "three times a
day" type. She said the "one a day" had a higher dosage of iron, but
that our bodies tend to reject a lot of that it will pass through the
digestive system, whereas the three lower dose pills will all get
absorbed, meaning that all the iron will get into your system.
My endocrinologist recommends Jarrow Ironsorb and 50,000 iu of D3 weekly
for vitamin D deficiency for 8 weeks, then retest.

Susan
Julie Bove
I don't think we have those here.
news
2012-01-21 02:33:32 UTC
Post by Julie Bove
The super long periods that is. That's what I thought but we'll see.
Your post makes me sad. If I am still dealing with these issues at 52 (I'm
47) , I will kill myself. Just kidding. Mostly.
Seriously, what disorder can I fabricate that will make my gynecologist
order my parts to be yanked out?
Chakolate
2012-01-21 03:15:34 UTC
Post by news
Post by Julie Bove
The super long periods that is. That's what I thought but we'll see.
Your post makes me sad. If I am still dealing with these issues at 52
(I'm 47) , I will kill myself. Just kidding. Mostly.
Seriously, what disorder can I fabricate that will make my
gynecologist order my parts to be yanked out?
Heavens, babe, you don't want that. Just go with the flow (sorry,
somebody had to) for a while and things will all get better.

getting the parts yanked out leads to a whole new set of problems.

Chak
Keera Ann Fox
2012-01-28 14:47:04 UTC
Post by Chakolate
Post by news
Post by Julie Bove
The super long periods that is. That's what I thought but we'll see.
Your post makes me sad. If I am still dealing with these issues at 52
(I'm 47) , I will kill myself. Just kidding. Mostly.
Seriously, what disorder can I fabricate that will make my
gynecologist order my parts to be yanked out?
Heavens, babe, you don't want that. Just go with the flow (sorry,
somebody had to) for a while and things will all get better.
Sheesh. Where's a fish to slap someone with when you need one? ;-)
Post by Chakolate
getting the parts yanked out leads to a whole new set of problems.
True. The body is designed quite well. From everything I've been reading
about both low-carb and non-processed foods, it looks like getting as
clean a diet (non-manhandle, as it were) as possible can reduce or
remove a lot of problems, and certainly worth trying before opting for
surgery (or desperation).
--
Keera in Norway
http://kafox.blogspot.com/
Chakolate
2012-02-01 06:08:34 UTC
Post by Keera Ann Fox
Sheesh. Where's a fish to slap someone with when you need one? ;-)
LOL! Is that a Norse saying?

Chak

Julie Bove
2012-01-21 08:15:35 UTC
Post by news
Post by Julie Bove
The super long periods that is. That's what I thought but we'll see.
Your post makes me sad. If I am still dealing with these issues at 52 (I'm
47) , I will kill myself. Just kidding. Mostly.
Seriously, what disorder can I fabricate that will make my gynecologist
order my parts to be yanked out?
I do not want my parts to be out. I know people who have had this done and
it only creates more problems. Yes, I know it sometimes has to be done.
But it's not something I want.