Maybe hot flashes?
Julie Bove
2013-06-17 10:11:06 UTC
My body is sooo screwed up! I had been having those cold flashes and those
seemed to stop once I started with the Phytoestrogen cream. And once in a
while I accidentally use too much cream. Then I get what I presume to be a
hot flash. Comes on me suddenly and then is gone almost as soon as it came
on. You're supposed to use cream in the amount of the size of a dime. It
comes in a tube and sometimes too much squirts out.

But now? About 2-3 days ago I just started sweating like a pig for no
apparent reason. Pretty much all the time. And then on Saturday due to
apparently my being brain dead or spaced out or I don't know what...I took
my daughter's dinner meds instead of my morning ones. We were out for the
day and I put all of the meds in plastic bags. Hers don't look anything
like mine plus there are far less. I do remember thinking that there didn't
seem to be very many as I took them. And because I have the habit of taking
a whole handful at once, well.... Not a smooth move!

Daughter takes a thyroid pill so that isn't helping me at all. I can feel
the effects of it, some of which are overheating. So I am hoping I will
feel better once that is out of my system. I think that takes about 2 days
if you take them all the time and then stop.

But... Could this constant overheating be hot flashes? I did read to find
out for sure to take your temp. during a hot flash and if it was a true hot
flash, it would be elevated. Mine was not. 98.1.

I have also been weirdly sick this week off and on with stomach and
respiratory things. Oh, I took her vitamin too which has fish in it and I
am intolerant to fish so that could be part of it too. I just wish I could
feel normal again. But I am thinking that's not gonna happen.
Chak
2013-06-23 02:12:22 UTC
Post by Julie Bove
But... Could this constant overheating be hot flashes? I did read to
find out for sure to take your temp. during a hot flash and if it was
a true hot flash, it would be elevated. Mine was not. 98.1.
I've never had an elevated temp when I had a hot flash, as far as I know.
Always normal temp, but my skin is hot. I think everybody's different.

Chak
--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Julie Bove
2013-06-30 05:57:11 UTC
Post by Chak
Post by Julie Bove
But... Could this constant overheating be hot flashes? I did read to
find out for sure to take your temp. during a hot flash and if it was
a true hot flash, it would be elevated. Mine was not. 98.1.
I've never had an elevated temp when I had a hot flash, as far as I know.
Always normal temp, but my skin is hot. I think everybody's different.
Hmmm... Could be. Whatever it was, is gone now. Now we're just all hot.
Under a heat advisory here!
a***@gmail.com
2013-07-19 09:19:42 UTC
Post by Julie Bove
[...]
hot flashes is the symptom of menopause, others are sweating, redness of the skin, increased heart rate, now a new study has found the origin of hot flashes which says that hot flashes originate from the brain.
http://www.themedguru.com/articles/origin-menopausal-hot-flashes-specific-brain-areas-48551.html
Julie Bove
Doesn't sound like what I had.
Chak
2013-07-22 03:55:47 UTC
Post by Julie Bove
Doesn't sound like what I had.
Pay no attention to that spammer behind the curtain.

Chak
--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Julie Bove
2013-07-22 07:16:55 UTC
Post by Chak
Post by Julie Bove
Doesn't sound like what I had.
Pay no attention to that spammer behind the curtain.
Oh. Okay then.